Kittieland

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Peepers

I was driving home from the store last night and got caught staring at the person at the wheel behind me through my sideview mirror. So, I kept watching them but in my rearview mirror instead. They didn't seem to notice. Then this morning, I saw someone watching someone else in their mirrors. Busted! We're all bored commuters longing for a little interaction. Next time I get busted, I should wave or something. I'd love it if someone waved at me.

The little boy next door, Anthony, knocked on my door tonight and quite directly asked if I might pay him and his friends $5 each to wash my car. I said, "Well, that's a little steep for me because there are four of you." He didn't understand so I explained the math and he said, "Oh, can we wash it free?" I was trying to decipher his motivation - was it more about boredom than money? - when his buddy stepped up and explained that they were asking for $5 total and that they would split that amount between them - just the two of them, not Anthony's little sister Cassie or her friend. I went for that deal. I noticed that Anthony's buddy is the harder worker. They washed my car in about 10 minutes. At that rate, and if they lined up a few customers ahead of time, that's about $15/hour each. Not bad for 8 year olds! It was kind of cute.

Anthony even has all of his teeth now. He was mighty cute when he was missing two.

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger janie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger janie said...

Oh kbro, i do like to pay young boys for cleaning up the place. Somewhat older young boys, though, would be my preference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home